Jasmine's birthday



Happy Birthday, Jasmine - how wonderful to be a brand new teenager - what a special time of your life.  Jasmine is creative, energetic, enquiring and an avid reader, so the card I made for her reflects the reading aspect of her nature.  I found the tutorial for this card on  Diane Noble's blog, and this is my effort.  Jasmine's favourite colour is purple, and the insert on the front can be a book mark - she was pretty delighted with it, as was I, as I think the layout was so neat.  TFS Dianne!
















My card today is a stamp of a silhouette - and I read a great tip - when stamping silhouettes, you can stamp on designer paper to instantly create a vintage look.  The author of this tip is cathymac - amongst other things she creates for Sweet n' Sassy.  Anyway, I thought this was a great idea and tried my hand at it, using a silhouette image from Gina K's Tropical Flowers set.  Here is my finished card.  I used memento markers spritzed with water to stamp directly on to the designer paper, and then coordinated the resultant lime and orange with aqua matting.  I like how soft the result is and will try it again with different colour combinations.  Now if there is a challenge somewhere to use mustard and aqua, I'll be ready! lol!  Hope you like it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonderful News

Words, words and more words ...

Something Shiny